Friday, February 19, 2010

It weren't me.

Speaking of Gatlinburg (see last post), I am reminded of the time we were there vacationing with friends. We were planning to drive around Cade's Cove, a one way 8 mile drive around a beautiful meadow nestled in the Smokey mountains. This drive can take a long time during the autumn season because of all the tourists. In fact, you could probably get through it faster by jogging.


Because we knew we might be in the car for awhile, we decided to stop at a tourist area and use the restrooms. As is typical, there was a long line waiting to use the women's restrooms. Finally it was my turn. A woman came out of a stall and, seeing that I would be using the one she came out of, said in her Tennessee drawl,
"It ain't perty in there, but I just want you to know it weren't me!"

3 comments:

  1. Funny! I never knew that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was asking mom today if she read this post and she said she did. We were laughing about it and I asked her, "Did you and dad go on that trip with Gary & Marla?"

    She said, "I don't remember. I've heard the story so many times I don't know if I 'WERE' there or not." We laughed so hard b/c she seriously wasn't trying to use bad grammar. Your story must of rubbed off on her!! :)

    She then said, "I'm kind of scared to say I was there because it may be like dad and Chimney Tops story - it seems so real to me, but I probably wasn't even there."

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! Yes, she "were" there, along with Prevos. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete