Sunday, March 21, 2010

Best Friends

David got married today. He married his best friend in a lovely, God-centered ceremony. As I often do at weddings, I felt a little sentimental with the passing of time.

I can't help but remember the day, not so many years ago when I was baby-sitting for him; he was 4 years old. David was so excited because I was also going to babysit for Jordan, and they were real pals. As he waited for Jordan to arrive, he skipped over to me and said in his sweet, stuttering voice,

"Hey, M-M-Marna, d-d-d-do you know who my b-b-best friend is?"

Teasing him, I gushed, "Me? I'm your best friend? Oh, David, that is so nice!"

Well, that wasn't exactly what he meant, but he knew in his 4 year old heart that he didn't want to hurt my feelings. Looking perplexed for a moment, he paused, then said,

"D-d-do you know who my second best friend is?"

Congratulations, David and Tara. It truly was a beautiful day!

1 comment: